Following the Presidential Directive to close all Schools, Universities and Tertiary Institutions for a period of one month to avert the spread of Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19), the Makerere University Library has issued the following simplified guide to accessing Electronic Resources remotely.
- Visit the University website via the link https://mulib.mak.ac.ug
- Select Electronic Resources: Place your cursor on electronic resources of the menu bar and select for more options
- Databases A-Z Remote Access: In the red column on the right, confirm databases A-Z with Remote Access. Click on any database of your interest e.g. JSTOR, Emerald, Sage, etc. The list of databases is arranged alphabetically.
- Authentication: Login when prompted using your Makerere University email address as the username e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org and then enter the corresponding password. Students without university emails can use the authentication details provided upon request.
- Research4life Resources: To use these resources follow procedures below;
- Login to http://login.research4life.org
- On-campus access is by IP restriction
- Off-campus access details are provided to all registered library users.
For any inquiries, contact the E-Resources Coordinator at ckobusingye[at]mulib.mak.ac.ug